You can update the Google Play Store on your Android mobile device with the latest version 11.6.15. In fact, Google has featured certain changes for its user interface. You might not be able to see the changes, but Google has recommended updating the app so that you can benefit from the security and performance.
Some updates will be released by Google to the Play Store. These will be intended not only to apply the corresponding changes but to apply security fixes as well. If you think the latest update is taking forever to come to your device, then you might want to download an APK file of Google Play Store.
Google recommends waiting for the official updates through the scheduled releases. Nevertheless, you can install the APK file so that you can get the update without having to wait for some time.
- Get the APK file from a trusted source and select one that corresponds to your Android version. (Full download link below)
- Have the Unknown Sources option enabled so that you can install an APK file without getting it from the official repository.
- After downloading the APK file, connect the mobile device where you want the Play Store version to be updated. Use a USB mobile device connector to connect one end to your computer and the other end to your device’s charging port.
- Copy the APK file you have just downloaded to your computer and paste it onto the memory card location of your smartphone.
- Disconnect the device after copying the file, then install the app by tapping on it. You might want to confirm the installation process on your phone to proceed.
Don’t forget to disable the Unknown Sources option so that you shouldn’t be able to accidentally install any malware onto your Android device.